From early childhood i always think of how to use resources effectively and economically. This motivates to figure the ways to try out the various possibilities. Please see my earlier post on Save Water
India on 30 Nov 2015 in Paris Climate Summit asked the rich nations to mind their carbon footprints and must provide space for the poor and developing countries to grow economically. This news triggered to me write this blog post of how each individual can think of saving the power and other resources individually and help the nation to grow.
As per wiki, “A carbon footprint is historically defined as “the total sets of greenhouse gas emissions caused by an organization, event, product or individual”. This includes electricity, natural gas, waste, construction etc. I am going to share few thing with respect to electricity and how i am trying to save as much as possible.
– After ironing my dresses i switch off the device and use the idle heat to press my handkerchiefs and small clothes.
– I closely watch the Refrigerators when i open them so to adjust the temperature this way the compressor consumption of power will decrease.
Using CFL is always recommended considering the Watts its been using. But if you are going to use more than 1 CFL in a room then better consider a single Tube light.
– To get a good life of laptop Batteries its advised that we follow the charge cycle. Charge the batteries, once full disconnect the power and use them until it drain to the threshold level. This way the battery life also will be long and also we can save power when its already full.
– I switch on the Modem/Routers only when i am in Home. My mother is so keen in switching off these devices when i am not in home. Thanks to her as she is also supporting on my journey to save power.
– I have a router and external hard disk which gets the power from separate adapters. Last weekend i tried to create a small setup to make these 2 devices run from one adapter. It worked well.
Water Motor Pump :
– Instead of switching off the motor after the overhead tank overflows, i will note down the timing it takes to fill on an empty tank and use the same minutes to switch off the motor.
Thanks for reading. Please share your tips as well if any.